Monday, October 15, 2012

About Me


                                                                         
Hi! I'm Stella, and I come from a line of seasoned home cooks. Being from Kenya and married to an American, I found that preparing the food I grew up on and sharing it with friends and family was the easiest way to teach people about my culture. I love all things African. Along the way, I have learnt from friends who come from different parts of Africa, how to prepare various African dishes. Since Africa is an expansive continent, I will try my best through weekly videos on my YouTube channel to represent every corner of the continent-East, West, South, North and Central Africa. I will begin with East Africa of course, as I am most familiar with food from this region.On some occasions I will be preparing recipes that I have come to love from my adopted home (USA).

"Meza" is the Swahili word for table, and "Karibu" is the Swahili word for "welcome". So join me weekly as I take your taste buds on a culinary safari. Karibu to Stella's meza !!

Check out my YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hawiimara?feature=plcp for step-by-step instructions on how to make these delicious recipes.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to know you my dear.Your recipes are gonna turn my kitchen around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering how or if you make peach cobbler from scratch? I know how to cook the peaches but i cant seem to find the right crust to put over the top. Are you able to help me?
    My name is
    Tina

    ReplyDelete